Ancient Monuments Of India - Snaps

April 27, 2011
In the series of posts, covering the various facets of the photography of the legendary photographer of the British times, Raja Deen Dayal, I am posting a few pictures of monuments.  All the credit of the pics is to IGNCA, the organisation which showcased the exhibition of these old pictures.Also see this and this too.

"With in-born love for his country Raja Deen Dayal travelled extensively. He toured the country by rail and bullock-cart, taking along mounds of photographic paraphernalia from stacks of heavy glass-plates to bulky cameras. Academic training in draughtsmanship and his own painterly vision enabled him to bring out amazing depths, details and breath-taking widths with large uniform areas of sharpness and highly accentuated perspectives.
He photographed ancient monuments, archaeological sites, places of worship, forts, palaces and their interiors, townscapes, forests and rivers, leaving behind vital historical and cultural documentation."  IGNCA



















I wish, I had captured the write up about these wonder photographs, then I would have been in a position to tell something about the places.... It seems I was so mesmerised that I didn't think about it at that time! Only the last pic shows "Street view of Hyderabad".

Enjoy!

RESTLESS

19 comments:

Racahs said...

Beautiful.. may I know the name of the historic place.. I guess its Lucknow?

vivekchamoli said...

Very Nice Pics , old is glorious ..:).


RE: I have also integrated Disqus over my blog , its faster now , you know I had a trouble with blogs I messed up with blog post and all post link got changed by a strange url , now all well.

Deepa said...

Thats my beloved Hyderabad. The city I grew up in! Thats a view of the road leading to the Charminar in old city. And guess what - it looks practically the same. Except the crowd that increased some thousand times.

JaaliEngineer said...

I was meaning to ask which all places are these..Could have been trip to a museum..

Rajesh said...

Fantastic shots of ancient monuments.

RESTLESS_MIND said...

The exhibition was held at IGNCA New Delhi. Sorry, don't know much about the places, where these monuments are located. Co-bloggers are adding this info slowly :)

RESTLESS_MIND said...

Deepa, it must be lovely feeling to see the pic :)

RESTLESS_MIND said...

Thanks!

I saw ur posts coming up in the blogger dashboard and knew there is some trouble. glad that it's over now and ur blog is settled!

RESTLESS_MIND said...

These are different places... in India, Rachas...

magiceye said...

thank you for sharing!
they are beautiful

RESTLESS_MIND said...

Thanks Magiceye!

nandita prakash said...

wow
these pics tell several stories which once existed

Nethra_A said...

The ancient India looks so much better than the present one, doesn't it? I wish I was born little earlier.

Vikram Waman Karve said...

Lovely

subhrashis adhikari said...

lovely pics...nostalgic

RESTLESS_MIND said...

Yeah, there is some beauty about it.

RESTLESS_MIND said...

yeah true Nandita! HOpe u have seen other pics from the exhibition, on my blog?

Reema S said...

great pics!!! 

Vee said...

lovely stuff! wonderful share. thanks for it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails