Charm of Old Buildings

August 22, 2011
On my recent visit to Jaipur, while waiting for others to finish their breakfast, I was waiting near by where I noticed this metal plate with some numbers,  fixed on a huge door.



I was tempted to click the picture of the building.  Old and traditional looking, but an AC fitted there.


I don't know why should I be so excited about spotting an old building, when there are plenty of them in Delhi itself.  But clicked it because I felt like!

Such buildings remind me of Daryagunj in Old Delhi where I would go to stay with my cousin's family when I was a little kid.  I think that's why I feel connected to such old kind of buildings.

Seen near Nainital

A small temple - characteristic of any place in Northern India - you'll find them at a place least expected. This was on a road side.

An old hut at a place called Mangoli


 
RESTLESS


16 comments:

Jack said...

Restless,

Read 2 posts now. Some time ago I was keen to start a NGO to rehabilitate beggars but two reasons deterred me. First being my own experience with their attitude. I used to ask those who came to me at traffic lights if they would accept job I offered. Mostly they just moved away with some at times using unspeakable language. Even then I was keen as I felt that there are some who surely would need help in acquiring skills needed for job opportunities but I did not have sufficient resources which was the second reason.  Beautiful photographs. I have seen a number of such temples when I traveled cross country by road. I would love to spend some peaceful days at that hut in Mangoli.

Take care

uRead.com said...

I work at Daryaganj. So I can totally identify with your pictures :) You're lucky you gotta stay in Daryaganj... the whole place smells of fresh books.

Anshul Thakur said...

Nice clicks Restless, seems like you have grown an increased fondness for clicking and sharing photographs these day, or maybe you are traveling a lot. :P


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

SUB said...

nice pics...i agree they have their own charm

Prathama Raghavan said...

Very Nice Pics!

I love the aura around old buildings, something about them makes me nostalgic always :-)

Thanks!

angad achappa said...

Nice clicks, wants me want to visit Jaipur... :)

Cheers!!

Vivek Chamoli said...

Nice pics Restless , yes Old building , their uniqueness and our childhood memories connect with them ..always...i have also some memories ..though I don't hv pics .. but all is taped and recorded in the mind .. which I look  at  sometimes..

P.S : I'm  was out of the blogging world been busy in work ....so how you doing ? .looks you having a great time enjoy.

take care.

magiceye said...

wonderful captures

Angelindistress said...

so nice clicks..id say lovely..cheers :)

RESTLESS said...

Thanks!

RESTLESS said...

Tks! I too am keeping busy at work.

RESTLESS said...

Thanks Prathama!

RESTLESS said...

tks SUB!

RESTLESS said...

Hmm... din't feel like writing so put pics... honestly speaking!

RESTLESS said...

Good to know that. yeah, it was an experience!

RESTLESS said...

Sorry Uncle Jack, for the delayed reply.

I can understand, generally beggars do not want to leave the easy life. That's unfortunate, that they don't even realise what they are doing? 

glad u liked the pics :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails